Gravity Hot Water Recirculating Loop Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have to wait too long for hot water. I've been looking at recirculating pumps, various brands, various methods. Read and article about gravity hot water recir. loops. I understand the theory, but am wondering if two loops can work.

Info I read is here:
http://www.askthebuilder.com/147_Gra...ng_Loops.shtml

Cliffs on info:

You run a return hot water line from furthest fixture. You plumb it into the hot water heater's drain spigot. You remove any backflow preventer on the hot water supply side. Thermal properties of heated water take over and hot water rises out of HW heater and the cooler water in the return lines "sinks" into the bottom of your water heater. This slow circular motion keeps hot water available at furthest point. You must insulate the lines, except for last 15ft of return.

So my water lines look like the below diagram, but I would like Hot water at both ends of the line, and am wondering if two loops would work, and if so how to plumbe them correctly.

plumbingsketch.jpg

Sponsored Links
from what I can make of it , here in the UK :eek: with a crap link to the guy in the check shirt :rolleyes: ...........looks like your water heater, being central to the house , would work with 2 loops ....one in each direction

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back