Greasy fingerprints on untreated door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

Recently had some new doors fitted and (unfortunately) not got round to varnishing them all yet. Predictably, my little 'darlings' have been opening the doors with their greasy little mitts leaving fingerprints around the door edge. They're not terrible by any stretch but my eyes are drawn to them and they're driving me nuts.

Is it just going to be a case of lightly sanding the door before I varnish it or is there a better way to get rid?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sanding may shift them, depends on how bad they are, you could use a mild household detergent and wring the cloth out until it is just damp and wipe them off allow to dry prior to varnishing. When you do apply the varnish it will raise the grain of the timber so a light sand and dust off between coats will be needed.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back