Great films...your faves

noodlz said:
Not all, MLB! ;)

Yeah, some oldies are real gems!

BAS, Debbie does Dallas... :LOL:
Wonder if they have that at my local library?
Worth asking just for the reaction :D
Some classics and some never even heard of!
Wasn't Solaris that Clooney film slated by the critics, not that they can always be relied on?
Moz, you lost me...not always easy to keep up with you ;)

Oh, and Papillon, Dead Poets' Society, Once Upon A Time In America...

well, just so happens I have Solaris (DVD)-not sure why though--not a Clooney fan--but like (not all) science fiction, so that must be it. Can't really remember it (mmmm, might have to watch it again)

Sponsored Links
Whatever happened to baby jane and it's on tonight.

kendor said:

Gawd, that brings back memories--I saw that when I was real young and it liked to have scared the bejesus out of me. I also found out, that my grandmother slept with her eyes open :eek: (she was visiting) I was tramatized!!! Betty Davis is really scary looking....of course, being in b/w makes it even more eery. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
King Kong (1933)

The Champ (Wallace Beery & Jackie Cooper)

Godfather (& GF2)

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

mlb3c said:
kendor said:

Gawd, that brings back memories--I saw that when I was real young and it liked to have scared the bejesus out of me. I also found out, that my grandmother slept with her eyes open :eek: (she was visiting) I was tramatized!!! Betty Davis is really scary looking....of course, being in b/w makes it even more eery. :rolleyes:
It was a masterpiece of casting putting two of hollywoods biggest rivals together in it.
Have you seen Bette Davis in The Nanny? if you get scared, don't! ;)

kendor, yes! I have......man, it was creepy. Been a while, but wasn't the little boy a little psycho?.....haven't seen it in ages. :eek:

mlb3c said:
kendor, yes! I have......man, it was creepy. Been a while, but wasn't the little boy a little psycho?.....haven't seen it in ages. :eek:
Don't give the ending away! :LOL: yes very neat twist to the end.

kendor said:
one film i always find a weepie is Silent Running :cry:

i had to cheat (peek) on that one-I saw it, but didnt remember the title-i remember the waddly robots and Bruce Dern----a very young Bruce Dern-it was sad at the end? right? oops I wont give it away :)

I've changed my mind
I have too many favorites to list! By golly, my memory cells have been poked....I'm remembering all sorts of films and shows. But in short....I'll narrow it down to the 1950's b/w science fiction movies like
"It came from outer space" -giant spider
"Them"-giant ants
"the Night of the Lepus"--came out later...in color...-giant rabbits

seems there's a pattern here........ :confused: :confused:

mlb3c said:
I've changed my mind
I have too many favorites to list! By golly, my memory cells have been poked....I'm remembering all sorts of films and shows. But in short....I'll narrow it down to the 1950's b/w science fiction movies like
"It came from outer space" -giant spider
"Them"-giant ants
"the Night of the Lepus"--came out later...in color...-giant rabbits

seems there's a pattern here........ :confused: :confused:
Did you used to like the tv series, Land of the Giants? :)

I haven't thought about that one in a long time....was it a series? I can't recall the details. I think I'm remembering Land of the Lost-that had dinosaurs (Doug McClure?) I like the earlier movies/tv......secial fx and all....but not necessarily the blood and slime (they love to show slime) you see now. Remember 2001 Space Odyssey? and the sequel? they were pretty good.

mlb3c said:
I haven't thought about that one in a long time....was it a series? I can't recall the details. I think I'm remembering Land of the Lost-that had dinosaurs (Doug McClure?) I like the earlier movies/tv......secial fx and all....but not necessarily the blood and slime (they love to show slime) you see now. Remember 2001 Space Odyssey? and the sequel? they were pretty good.
it was around at the same time as the Time Tunnel.

I'm thinking of one....set I think in England....around late 60's, early 70's--based on the "Big Brother" way of life.....books were against the law and police were always arresting....kind of cryptic, I know...have an idea? what the title was....I think it was a movie.

oh!......just remembered "Soylent Green"--that was my fave at the time!

Sponsored Links
Back