Green Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am in the process of renovating my house. I am currently considering Ground / Air source for heating.
I am unable to get the advise I need or maybe am just looking in the wrong place.

I currently am on a main gas CH for water and heating.
Ideally, I would like to go with ground source but understand the costs a pretty high.

The property is detached with approx 1 meter space either side so cannot get any heavy machinery past unless it goes over the house.

The House itself is about approx 10M squared covering 2 floors and loft. All the walls have cavity insulation and loft has celotex all around.

The garden is about 16(l)x12(w) meters, there is one oak tree far back and lots of trees in the forest, beyond.
I understand the tree roots generally go down approx 2M and rarely as far as 4M.

So, what is the best level to dig down to? and that would generate approx what temp?

Can someone share some detailed plans so that I can scope this project out?

With the limited access, I may have to opt for Air source.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back