greenstar junior 24i problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all

hopeing someone can help .

my greenstar junior 24i combi boiler has started playing up , the hot water works fine , but the heating has packed up all together , the thermostat is asking for heat but the boiler isnt kicking in , i was told by a friend it could be the diverter valve motor , i have looked on other forums and the common problems seem to be the other way round , water not hot but heating ok .

i have watched the motor when operating and it moves for hot water but not for the heating.

Please help .

Sponsored Links
!!!!! UPDATE !!!!!!

i have just disconnected the diverter valve and set it to C.H , tuned on the hot tap and the radiators got hot , which would say to me there is a problem with the diverter valve motor,
but what still puzzles me is if every thing is off ( Hot water and Central heating ) and hot water is required the boiler comes to life as normal ,

but if the heating is needed the boiler does nothing at all , would this be because the diverter valve motor isnt opening or would it be something more sinister like the pcb .

Is there a way of testing the wiring from the pcb to check its getting the right signals .

Thanks

There is unlikely to be anything wrong with the diverter motor. The boiler would fire up for heating regardless of the motor condition.

Bypass the room thermostat on the boiler pcb connection to rule out problems with the stat.

Is this an external timeclock? If so bypass this at the boiler.

I have a wireless thermostat on my boiler . Will need to figure out how to bypass the thermo . Thanks for the info

Sponsored Links
Hi if you have a built in timeclock i have had this problem and found that the built in timeclock was faulty, if you just unplug it from the pcb if it's your problem the heating will work.

just to let you know

by passed the thermo and the heating kicked in .

thanks for the help

will be looking for a new thermostat tomorrow

Thanks again

Adi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back