Greenstar Junior with no thermostat wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've a greenstar junior 28i with a DT20 programmer fitted to the boiler. I'm moving house so I've unwired my TADO smart thermostat from the boiler. After putting it all together I can't seem to find the old worcester wireless thermostat. At the moment I can only turn the central heating on / off via controls on the boiler front. The DT20 keeps looking for the wireless thermostat, is there anyway I can stop this so I can use the timer on the unit to switch the heating on / off?

Sponsored Links
No replace or remove. Fyi you really need to be gas Safe registered to remove your boilers case because its seals are important to keep fumes out of room.

If it's the DT20RF, then if it cant find the thermostat then it defaults to manual mode only.

It is the D20RF. I can't select 'timed' or 'once' mode, only off or on. Is there any way to 'unpair' it to stop looking for a thermostat? I would like to select 'timed' mode if possible.

Sponsored Links
Nope, as far as I know the only default is manual mode if it can't find the transmitter, so needs you to press buttons. No harm in giving WB tech a call and asking though.

The unit works as a transmitter( the thermostat) and receiver (the unit plugged into the boiler fascia) working on "wireless" radio frequency control. As said previously, they both need to be paired together to work. If you contact Worcester they may be able to tell you where to obtain a thermostat unit on its own and you may be able to rebind the controls

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back