GRISELINIA, PRIVIT, BEECH, HAWTHORN HEDGING WHATS THE BEST??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to plant a hedge around my garden with the thought of using privit, beech or hawthorne. My garden centre have also recommeded 'griselinia' which I had never heard of. I am located in the North West and as the hedge would go around my front garden. The griselina was very tempting as its evergreen and lush and I was told hardy. Has anyone ever grown a hedge using this and would anyone recommed it. Thanks. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
It would be fine, it really just comes down to personal choice. If you like the look of it and the plants are coming in at the right price for you then go for it.

If it helps just weigh up the pros and the cons of using the choices you've thought of. Which one do you find the most aesthetically pleasing? Will you like the look of a Beech hedge in Autumn when it's turned? Is the thorny nature of the Hawthorn an issue?

Have a look in your area and see if you can spot established Griselinia to double check if you like it and how it grows locally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back