grohe thermostatic mixer shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am puzzling on with my parent’s shower that works intermittently
It’s a grohe thermostatic mixer shower that is fed by an independent hot and
Cold water tank in the loft. The shower is pumped by a grohe active 75 pump.

I isolated the pump and removed the mixer bar and let the water come out under its own
pressure. I got good pressure from the cold but only a trickle from the hot.

I removed the fittings to the pump and pushed some wire down the pipes- nothing seemed blocked.
There is a little filter on the outlet that had some particles in but nothing major (about the same as the cold side).

What shall I try next? Shall I remove the pump and see if I can clean it?

Any advice welcomed!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hello,

Unfortuantely testing the flow before and after the pump is a bit of a problem as its in a loft of an old four bed stone house. I would need to find a fitting to attach to the the pump inlet and outlet and then get a hose on it and then find somewhere to feed the hose outside.
The pump has plastic screw on fittings that are hand tight.

Any advice on this or other tests I can do. The pump has grohe on it but also turner on the side!?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So folks, if your shower is boolaxed just turn the knob to 4.5 and it will be repaired.
Treat the symptom without addressing the cause.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back