Grommet Hole Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Other than my OCD making this bother me, is this ok? My father kindly drilled a hole for a grommet on my desk, but didn't check for the desk support below. The issue is, if we had given space for the desk support it may have been too far forward on the desk. We had to use silicone to stop the grommet moving as he didn't have a 60 mm hole saw. I guess this is just best left as is seen as you cannot see it most of the time, and trying to repair it could be time consuming?

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,

Will

Attachments

• IMG_1962.jpg
    IMG_1962.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1963.jpg
    IMG_1963.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 39
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I can't go to 80 mm because that will cut more into the desk support, I'm just asking if the way it is now is ok? The hole is slightly too big for it hence the use of the silicone.

Can’t see a problem with it as is?You could cut the support in half it will still hold assuming it’s fixed to wall!?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back