Grundfos 15-90 booster pump.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just received this new pump, and it looks as if all my pipework planning has been a waste of time because I have arranged for the input to the pump from the HW cylinder to be at the top and the output at the bottom which I thought made sense.

Now looking at it there is an arrow pointing from the pump bottom to the top which I assume is the flow direction, can anyone please confirm that.

Regards vectraguy

Sponsored Links
It's all in the service manual, my advise is to sit down quitely and read it, because there's some important information.

It's all in the service manual, my advise is to sit down quitely and read it, because there's some important information.

By "service manual" do you mean the little book that comes with the pump and uses pictures instead of words, if so I have read it and still not sure, hence my simple question here requiring only a yes or no.

vectraguy.

Sponsored Links
The arrow points in the direction of pumping!

The pump has no top or bottom!

Tony

Water can FLOW through the pump in either direction if its turned off!

It will only pump in ONE direction!

Tony

Many thanks guys that's what I needed to know, but not really what I wanted to hear :( just means some more work turning feed and oulet piping around.

Regards vectraguy.

You DONT have to change any pipewoprk.

Just mount the pump in whatever orientation is needed to pump in the required direction.

Just dont mount it with the shaft anything other than horizontal.

Tony

I've just received this new pump, and it looks as if all my pipework planning has been a waste of time because I have arranged for the input to the pump from the HW cylinder to be at the top and the output at the bottom which I thought made sense.

Now looking at it there is an arrow pointing from the pump bottom to the top which I assume is the flow direction, can anyone please confirm that.

Regards vectraguy

What are you doing with this pump? You a have a loop.

Regards vectraguy

You don't want a loop, it works on a flow switch, if you have a loop it will never turn off.

This is exactly what I want to do. Did you go ahead and install it "upside down"?? How did it work out?

The manual (booklet) advises against the upside down configuration for some reason? Possibly because of starving the inlet side (eg; top)

Thanks

Regards vectraguy

You don't want a loop, it works on a flow switch, if you have a loop it will never turn off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back