grundfos sololift + wc-3 macerator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.. sorry to ask such a pot luck question but can anyone help solve a conundrum involving a grundfos sololift + wc-3 macerator. I have one and it has developed a fault after a few years of reliable use tripping the RCD every time its powered. I'm no novice when it comes to electro technical diagnostics and ive checked everything (including moisture ingress and possible earth issues) to no avail but before I sling it in the bin I thought maybe replacing the capacitor would kick it back to life? Surprisingly Grundfos themselves can offer very little by way of advice 'unless its under warranty and subjected to their workshop inspection' but they did contradict my claim that moisture was not the issue and/or that the earth has not been compromised rather than agree that changing the capacitor/condenser may be a viable option. Curiously though 'Alan' at Grundfos did enlighten me to the fact that they do not supply a capacitor/condenser as a spare part..! (However Saniflo do.!) At this point my determination bolstered and here I am typing away for any advice that may encourage me to go all out and find a compatable replacement part.. If successful I will have discovered a cheap fix of a very expensive appliance.. filthy job aside this would be one up for the consumer. Please help if you can.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back