Gtech AirRam Cordless vacuum cleaner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I am having a problem locating a new drive belt for my Gtech AirRam model AR02 cordless vacuum cleaner.
The old belt was manufactured by Gates, part no GT3 86 2MGT 09
I understand that means it is 86mm long, 9mm wide with a 2mm pitch
Please can anyone help me to find a replacement belt?
Erik

Sponsored Links
I have spoken to GTech and they do not supply this < £1 part. I have to throw away a perfectly good £200 unit. Un-cool.
"
Thank you for your reply regarding the Air Ram belt.

Unfortunately, as previously stated, this is not supplied as a spare part.

The chassis or main body of our Air Ram comes to us as a pre- assembled sealed unit.

None of its internal components are available as spare parts.

Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused."

I would be very interested if the OP was able to source this part.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestions. Many of the sites that I have found are not set up to supply one/off and are really for manufactures, such as Gtech. Deeply irritated by this.
It was sold as having a 5yr warranty but seeing as did not post back the card that was in the box, I am not covered. I wrongly assumed as I bought it direct from them from their website that this was not needed. Apparently using snail-mail post cards to send back information that is already supplied online is still required. I still get their junk mail so the purpose of this step must be purely to wriggle out of their warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back