Guerilla DIYers spark pink panic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pranksters paint pub pink
A landlord was far from tickled pink after pranksters decorated his pub in a paint-and-run attack, it has been disclosed.

4:18PM GMT 27 Mar 2009

Landlord Les Smith arrived at The Prince of Wales pub in Ledbury, which dates back to 1545, one morning to discover that the historic inn had been painted pink.

His wife Elaine said: "We left around 12.20pm on Monday evening, and when Les came to open up at 8am the next morning the pub was pink.

"We have no idea who did it. We've never had any bother with vandals and we keep a good house here – there is never any swearing or being abusive."

Passers-by reported seeing men in overalls with ladders and dust sheets painting the pub in the early hours of the morning, but as they seemed professional they did not question the perpetrators.

The decorators even left a receipt for their work, saying "Invoice for works carried out at the Prince of Wales Pub, Ledbury, Herefordshire. Payment received – many thanks".

Mr and Mrs Smith, both 52, who have run the pub for six years, are planning to return the pub to its original black and white state as soon as possible.

A West Mercia Police spokesman said: "The painting does breach building listing regulations.

"Grade I and II listed buildings require permissions before they are repainted. This was clearly not obtained in this instance.

"To correct the colour scheme properly is going to cost several thousands of pounds."

pink-pub_1373835c.jpg
[/i]
source

I know its not really funny, and I shouldn't laugh, but there it is. I'm also thinking I am in the wrong job. I'd be delighted to be paid 'several thousand pounds' to slap some white paint over the pink...

Sponsored Links
"To correct the colour scheme properly is going to cost several thousands of pounds."

They'e 'aving a larf! Did they get a quote from Ignite?

Sponsored Links
Quality job, me thinks they can come and paint my house anytime, one proviso....I supply the paint!

Wotan

Back