Gurgling radiators and pipes.

Ash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently broke into my central heating system and added two additional radiators down stairs, at the same time I added thermostatic valves to all the radiators upstairs, upon refilling I went around all the radiators and bled them, but even after several goes at bleeding them (without removing much air) I still have gurgling radiators especially when the heating first comes on, any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
Trun off all except one, run system till noise stops. Repeat with all other radiators. Bleed all other points as well.

oilman said:
Trun off all except one, run system till noise stops. Repeat with all other radiators. Bleed all other points as well.

I just found this old post after a search.

Can someone explain why this would work, and whether thay also advise doing this for gurgling pipes/rads?

Sponsored Links
The flow from the pump is dispersed amongst all rads on which both valves are open. Leaving only one rad open encourages water to flow through that rad and to push through any air in the pipes leading to/from it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back