Guttering problems...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help!

The wooden guttering on the front of my terrace runs from my house along to the one next door before meeting with the downpipe on their side. There is a very small fall as my house is actually downhill of theirs.

I recently had a new roof put in and the builder sealed the guttering with blackjack to prolong its life. However over the wet weather of the last few weeks the gutter has begun to leak underneath in a couple of places. I've made several attempts to reseal it at any point where water might be seeping through but this doesn't seem to have worked.

Where the gutter overlaps and joins with next door their gutter is rotten leading to the water seeping through the overlap where they join. This in turn has left a trail of water running down the front of my houose which has been soaked up by my now porous bricks (house built 1887) and given me a large damp patch inside.

Is the best thing here just to get the guttering replaced. On the inside it is still hard and doesn't seem in bad condition at all but undernath its very soft in places and has clearly started to rot!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back