Guttering replacement and overhang

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been replacing the gutters around the house as we go, and the have moved the scaffold to allow me to do the last side of the house.

When looking at it I did not realise the gutter was embedded on top of the wall, this has caused a bit of an issue because the gutter I am replacing it with it slightly bigger, plus the tiles were in the gutter itself as apposed to slightly overhanging and dripping in.

I am not sure why the roof line doesn't come down further as it did on the opposite side.

My question is if I move the gutter down and place it on the actual wall using brackets and a facia board I was going to use a zinc drip board coming from the tiles into the gutter, would this be an issue?
IMG_7156.JPG
IMG_4303.JPG

Sponsored Links
Must admit we’ve never come across that setup. How much bigger is the gutter? Can’t you just knock off all the compo and start fresh?

thers a possibility that water could enter the property and if there is a wall plate itcould be rotting it out.
whats suppoting the bottom of the tiles - is ther somekind of fascia under them or are they relying on battens?i can see what looks like a bit of plaain tile jamming up a conc tile.
without a fascia and plastic eaves trays the felt will eventually sag and pond allowing water to enter the house.eaves trays are maybe what you mean not some zinc thing?

the tile and compo looks newish, how come the roof has been worked on and left with such a weird eaves set up?
whats happening where the valley discharges to the gutter?

to do a proper job the bottom courses of tile and batten should be lifted and lookouts used to take the rafter tails out to a fascia beyond the brick elevation face.

while the scaff is ther why not point up that brick elevation?

I wasn't implying that the roof material should come forward, more that this should be replaced with something else over the top.

Attached it an idea that I received from the manufacture. I was just thinking of the zinc extension from the roof to the gutter (although they have drawn box instead of half round).

This would allow the gutter to sit on new facia on the brick as apposed to were it is now.

Attachments

• SDVUK0118070311350.pdf
    60.6 KB · Views: 250
Sponsored Links
I have seen your drawing and that looks a better idea. I suspect the original guttering was cast iron and that sat on the brick work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back