H05W-F Cable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a double oven which I need to install imminently.

Maximum power consumption is 22A therefore I'd planned on connecting up with 6mm T&E if the terminals allow, otherwise with 4mm T&E.

The instructions for the oven state that type H05 W-F or higher rated cable should be used.

My main problem is I can't actually find any cable of this specification, or any definitive answer as to what it is! The letters don't even seem to correspond with //www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:cable_types:harcode

Two questions:

1) What is this cable and where can it be obtained?
2) Is there any reason why I shouldn't use standard T&E as planned originally?

Sponsored Links
D'oh! It is two V's :eek:

So standard 3093Y heat resistant flex would be suitable?

Given the ovens maximum consumption of 22A would 2.5mm flex be appropriate even though it's on a 32A MCB or should I be using 4mm? If I need to use 4mm, where can I buy it? :D

Sponsored Links
I'm nowhere near the southwest unfortunately. Thanks for the link though.

Is there any reason why the oven shouldn't be connected with T&E? Most ovens I've ever seen are...

Also if using heat resistant flex, does it *need* to be rated to the 32A MCB or just to the maximum consumption of the oven, ie 22A?

Another question ...

I just looked back at the ratings. H05VV-F is standard PVC flex, not even heat resistant, isn't it :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back