hair dye on clothing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since I was successful at removing brown hair dye from a 52% linen and 48% rayon dry-clean only skirt, I thought I should post how I did it.

First of all I was late for work when I spilt the liquid hair dye on my skirt. I made a strong solution of Carbona Stain Devil for coffee, tea, and cola (small yellow bottle for sale in grocery stores). I rubbed it into the stain, so that the stain area remained very wet. I then put plastic and a weight over the area to stop drying and went to work. Eight hours later the stain was still wet, but had faded a lot. I then rubbed the carbona through the stain some more, and then used Spot Shot, and Didi 7 (I bought these on the way home from work). At this point the stain was completely gone, but my linen-rayon skirt (dry-clean only) was completely wet. I rinsed it out in cold water and then hung it to dry on a hanger so that it would hold its shape and attached clothes-pegs with weights along the hem-line to stop length shrinkage.

It worked! My skirt is a tiny bit smaller but still very wearable and stainless.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back