Hairline crack in stone resin shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently fitted a 1200x1000 stone resin shower tray, which has been fine for 3 months then my son decides to have a shower with his girlfriend total weight about 24 st, now a hairline crack about 6 inches long has appeared from the waste hole to the edge about 2inches from the corner,
I am not sure if water is getting through it or not, could I run thin cyno along It? Is It waterproof?, any suggestions please.
Ted

Sponsored Links
How about some pictures?

Hairline crack, not bathers that is. :LOL:

That weight should not have been a problem in that sort of shower. But yes, it could be leaking and will probably get worse.

3 months :eek: looks like 3 yrs.

i would say your going to end up changing it.

whats it sitting on cement mix etc ?

Sponsored Links
Oh Dear!!!

mine was like that when we bought the house

....a simple lets change it for a new one became quite an epic saga

.....turned out my whole bathroom was built around the tray, 6 months later we now have a new tray (and new bath,toilet, sink, floor, tiles, ceiling etc :cry: )

Good luck!

I have replaced all the joists and laid a new oak tong and groove floor, the shower tray sat on It very flat with no rocking, so I just put a bead of sealant on the contact parts of the tray, that obviously was not enough, oop's. the thought of getting It all out, AHHGH. anyway wouldn't cement rot my nice new shiny floor?.
Ted.

Stone resin trays are very brittle & if not fully supported, that's what happens; youve paid the ultimate price.

cant honestly see a proper repair for that mate, looks like ya going to have to take it out and change it, remember a bed of cement mix for the new 1, theres always a good reason for the way things are done,and as Richard said, you have paid the ultimate price

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back