HAIRLINE CRACKS IN PLASTER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in a new house which was plastered about 18 months ago.As time goes on I am finding more and more Hairline cracks in the plaster work. I had the plasterer back and he raked out and filled some of the cracks. The finish wasn't very good and the cracks are beginning to open again. Is there any product on the market which does not require raking out - such as a flexible paint?- which would cover the cracks. :cry:

Sponsored Links
There's a product called Polycell Smoothover. It's sort of half way between a paint and a plaster. Never used it, but saw the results of an absolute amateurs atempt. I was very impressed. It covered all the irregulaties and old screw holes. Don't know how good it will hold out if there is still movement present. :confused:

Its simply settling in so nothing to worry about but of course unsightly I allways carry a bucket of aims which is effectively tape jointing compound to touch up any bits and bobs after all the trades have done their worse to muck up the plaster rake out the crack and fill, then fine sandpaper the next day .......perefect...... doing with fresh plaster wont ever be as good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back