Halstead ace boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Came home from a hard day at work to find out the other half is going mad the boiler is playing up it's a halstead ace and the led for the hot water is on
And the boiler is fired up but the central heating is on to start with it was only heating the central heating at the same times as the clock showed for the heating so off went the timer but still the heating is on but no led for the heating so I thought I will replace the timer clock and for five minutes the heating stayed off but then the boiler fired up showing only the green led for hot water but the heating is getting hot and when I mean hot realy hot please someone help as I haven't got a clue what to replace is it the pcb or a micro switch or is it the diverter valve please help have not had a lot of work lately so I'm a bit skint and don't want to wast money on bits I don't need ???????? I would not mind but can not control the heat of the heating because it only shows hot water be used when the tap is not even on.?????????

Sponsored Links
your post is really difficult to read, could you explain a bit clearer ? please.

Check hot water microswitch on front of divertor valve (spindle/switch jammed open).

Sorry about the first post I was writing it on my phone
So I will start again. If you turn the boiler on. hot water only without turning the heating on. the boiler fires up and the heating gets hot.????

Sponsored Links
The primary switch is turning on and then the other micro switch turns on straight away and the boiler fires up.but the led shows only that the hot water is being used when no taps are being used and the heating gets hot. Hope this info helps. ????? And this only happens at very weird intervals.
Hope someone can help :(

When writing, the words should be grouped into 5-20 at a time having a distinct meaning and started by a capital and ended with a full stop.

It sounds as if the DHW demand switch is jammed on!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back