Halstead Ace High diverter problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HW went out on Xmas day, called out plumber who says diverter is faulty. Understand that part but can't get a replacement until at least 2nd Jan. Can't be without HW due to baby...
What I have done to at least get the water is...clamped the diverter valve with grips, removed the micro switch and re-routed it out side the boiler. This does the following as far as I am aware. Keeps the valve open ALL the time but does not provide HW unless the micro switch is allowed to kick in and start the burner. Any HW received while the micro switch is open is coming from the CH side I believe. When I want HW, I just have to turn on whichever tap then go and make a contact on the switch to start up the burner and fan. My question is this. Given this scenario, what, if any damage can I cause if I don't do what I have said? I realise that if I keep the micro switch on all the time I will use excessive gas and also probably burn something out. That is why I will only use the micro when I need water. COnsidering I have only created a temp override situation, should it be ok?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back