Halstead Ace High - HW+CH -end of teather

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Halstead Ace High boiler

After installation sytem cleaner and inhibiter put in and last year all rads taken off and individually cleaner with washing up liquid and pwer washer with rubber mallet!

Have a problem - just cant find out a solution tried everything - seen it on this forum a few times but no difinitive solution

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP....... please... please :cry:

:( The Problem :(

Hot Water
Used to work OK but then it progressivly started to shut down mid shower Ok had shorter showers! progressivly over last few weeks got worse (and showers got shorter and shorter)- Now if you switch on tap - if the boiler is cold it runs for a short while then stops - result wife has cold shower and I'm not popular :confused:

when it stops no over temperature (overheat themostat) or Lockout - only power light lit

Central Heating
Was running OK all winter..... Now runs sometimes for short time - sometimes boiler ignors thermostat demand for heat (although 240v accross pins X9/3- X1 Blue)

What Have I tried?

Hot water Heat Exchanger - Removed/cleaned over 3 days with eveerything I could think of from kettle descaler - to caustic soda - clouds of small black pieces - replaced made no difference

Fan/Venturis and Air Pressure switch - Removed and cleaned calcium of venturi, put back and put 240v directly accross it fan runs and APS switchs from N/Open to closed - working

Main Pump - Had it off cleaned it - put back put 240v direct on - runns Ok and raised the Primary flow switch Plunger

Flow switches - New diaphram in Primary 9 months ago
Hot water demand - moves mainflow switch -
Had off and checked all Microswitches - working accross a meter

Printed Circuit Board - Installed new one
Burner pressure OK nice blue flame when running
Checked Ignition electrode (and reset to 2.5mm) and the detection electrode reset to 12.5mm from burners

Had all DHW pressure sensing pipes (and bypass) off and cleaned them when I did the Heat exchanger also blew bit of water through the open connections when I had everything off (and got wet!)

Removed Water flow regulator and checked - OK

Pressure relief valve checked and blows off and reseats when turned all system water tight

Been through the Halstead Check list in the manual Start power up clear (when working) Ignition Fault finding goes right through checks until check detection electrode - so I have ordered one up for Monday £10.35

The detection electode is my last hope

The wife will have cold showers all weekend unless someone can think of somethin I have missed - come on all you Halstead experts - give us a hand :cry:

Pete

[/u]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Don`t like to pile on the misery but has anyone checked your gas valve, pressures at the gas meter/boiler/ burner pressure and so on?

Which thermistor ch/hw?

Both by the sounds of it :rolleyes:

Both gone at exactly the same time have they.There`s a coincidence.

:confused:

Hot Water
Used to work OK but then it progressivly started to shut down mid shower Ok had shorter showers! progressivly over last few weeks got worse (and showers got shorter and shorter)- Now if you switch on tap - if the boiler is cold it runs for a short while then stops - result wife has cold shower and I'm not popular

when it stops no over temperature (overheat themostat) or Lockout - only power light lit

Central Heating
Was running OK all winter..... Now runs sometimes for short time - sometimes boiler ignors thermostat demand for heat (although 240v accross pins X9/3- X1 Blue)

Legion, the floor is yours :rolleyes:

Don`t be like that mate, we are on the same side, I don`t know if it is or not, don`t be so touchy. ;) You are the one rolling yer eyes at my question. :rolleyes:

Which thermistor ch/hw?

The HW thermistor - but in the beginning both the CH and the HW were shutting down after a few minutes running - this got progressivly worse

From what I can see of the diagrams the Plate heat exchanger is only used for the HW - so it must be something common to bothe circuits thats why I replaced the PCB and cleaned out and checked the venturi and fan arrangement

My question is what is common to both circuits DHW and CH that would shut the whole system down?

Any ideas anyone?

Have looked on this and other forums and this shutting down problem seems to be a common problem with Halstead

Nobody has come up with an answer that works when both CH and DHW are shuuting down?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back