Halstead Ace High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Halstead Ace High Combi boiler which has started to make a loud humming noise. It only happens on CH when the system gets up to temp and it is intermittent. Does anyone have any advice?

Sponsored Links
do you have a by-pass valve fitted, sometimes if not set right it can vibrate as the water pushes through it, make an adjustment. Could be the fans gone out of balance or a vibration from the pump. Put your hand on the outer casing and see if that stops the vibration.

There is no by-pass valve fitted, I took the fan out today and it was quite clean and spun fine. So I don't know what to do next??

It's difficult without being there to listen but the folk at Halstead are very helpful if you give them a phone tomorrow (number on there website) and explain the problem to them. They could come up with a idea if they do let us know if it's successful.

Sponsored Links
cozzmic said:
It's difficult without being there to listen but the folk at Halstead are very helpful if you give them a phone tomorrow (number on there website) and explain the problem to them. They could come up with a idea if they do let us know if it's successful.

There is no place called "Nainshire" in the UK !

Do you think he may be an imposter?

Tony

PS It sounds as if the main smoothing capacitor on the PCB is on the point of failing and is supplying DC with a superimposed 100 Hz ripple to the modulating coil on the gas valve! Probably about 1000uF 63 VDC

Scuse me it's a royal burgh but the ner to do's keep changing electoral boundry's, so it is not on official paperwork but if I'm correct it can only be removed by queeny herself. Come on the shire!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back