Halstead Ace High boiler

Sponsored Links
Question, is the diverter valve fixed to the heat exchanger, if so, how do you seperate them? Thanks

Sponsored Links
What are you trying to change.
If just the diaphragm its a simple job needing A screwdriver and adjustable wrench.
If the whole flow manifold you will need 2 screwdrivers and an adjustable wrench !!

There is a leak in the diverter valve & I have bought a kit to replace the O rings etc.

I have removed the nuts which connect to the diverter valve but still can't remove the diverter valve. It looks like it isn't bolted to the heat exchanger, so maybe it's just pushed in with O rings to seal. Even though I've removed the nuts I can't pull the diverter valve up off the heat exchanger. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20201007_153255.jpg
    IMG_20201007_153255.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 189
There is a screw in there in the middle connecting to the heat exchanger, but you never had to do all that , changing the leaking end seal is a 10 minute job without all that faffle

Inkedace high_LI.jpg

Yes, I did remove that screw in the middle (Allen key head).
I cannot remove the large nut on the left side of the DV even with a large adjustable spanner. Thanks.

Yes, I did remove that screw in the middle (Allen key head).
I cannot remove the large nut on the left side of the DV even with a large adjustable spanner. Thanks.
you dont have to, just change the front end seal that has been weeping

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back