Halstead boiler - lights but cuts out-Update: Phial assembly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
UPDATE: I've just found a very corroded phial assembly from the safety cut out hanging out the back of the boiler (not up the flue where it should be). Could this be causing the cut out?

Hi Folks,

I have a Halstead Buckingham 3 floor standing conventional boiler which has given many years sterling service with just the odd thermocoupler replacement!

This morning (Monday, wouldn't you know it...) the pilot had gone out so no HW or CH. Pilot relights fine and stays on and when I turn the boiler temp up it all lights up nicely. Problem is 20-30 seconds later there's a click and both the boiler and pilot lights go out.

The safety switch isn't triggering so it isn't that and there haven't been any recent changes to the system. The pilot is fine so long as I don't turn the boiler on so I can't see that it's the thermocoupler.

Any ideas? I'll need to get somebody out but it would be good to have a sense of what it might be.

Cheers.

Mark

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back