Halstead Combi 102btu - pressure - confirm my suspicion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Constant pressure drop requiring topping up everyday for the last few months. Drops from 1 bar to zero almost daily.

I have filled the system to 2 bar and shut off the heating valves to the boiler. The pressure has dropped to .5 bar over the last couple of hours and seems to have stopped.

The PRV is brand new as the old one was weeping, albeit in tiny amounts, and there is no leak from the new one.

I have release a small amount of air from the expansion vessel and no water comes out.

Is this a Heat Exchanger problem?

Sponsored Links
I have release a small amount of air from the expansion vessel and no water comes out.

That was a very silly thing to do!

Why dont you read the FAQ on this site as that will explain everything?

Althernatively call an engineer who will service the boiler and sort it all out for you.

Tony

That was a very silly thing to do!

Why dont you read the FAQ on this site as that will explain everything?

Althernatively call an engineer who will service the boiler and sort it all out for you.

Tony

Because I'm the one who put the air in using the faq. I thought I would be allowed to refill and empty my own boiler.

If getting in tradesmen was always the answer then you might as well scrap this forum.

The EXV should be pressurised to about 0.9 Bar with the system open and then left alone!

Sponsored Links
The EXV should be pressurised to about 0.9 Bar with the system open and then left alone!

Thanks. I have it at .75 bar as per faq with the system open. I will take it to .9.

I'm proper flummoxed though how the pressure in the boiler only (circuit isolated) can drop with no leaks. Makes no sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back