Halstead combi branded wickes 2000 ignition lockout problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I changed the divertor valve this morning to rectify the problem of intermittent no DHW , the CH was working fine( the valve was failing to operate the micro switches each time)I now have the problem of no DHW or CH. What happens is that on demand, Ch or DHW, the pump runs and then the fans starts, ignition takes place, boiler lights , green burner light comes on. This runs for about 5/6 seconds then shuts down. I need to reset the ignition lockout to get any responce again. I have checked the air pressure switch it seems ok The radiators dont require bleeding but could I have an air lock somewhere else e. g. heat exchanger
Anyone any ideas please

Sponsored Links
Since the thing has been (partially) drained, favourite would be air in the heat exchanger or elsewhere in the boiler preventing circulation, so it overheats and locks out.

OK I will try and drain the boiler and refill in a different way Thanks

Sponsored Links
How many ways are there to fill a boiler? Check the auto air vent is working, and for any manual vents at the top of the boiler.

When I filled the boiler the Ch return valve in the boiler was turned to off, I thought this might effect it!The auto air vent at the top of the boiler was rusted up and when I attempted to turn it the top snapped off. Anyway I drained some water out and refilled and it now works fine I presume some air will be trapped towards the top of the vent. will this work its way to the radiators?Could I have filled the system from the drain plug on the lowest radiator? would this have moved the air about? :LOL: Thanks for the advice if I can ever help with anything connected with telephones or telephone systems let me know

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back