boiled won't ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a glow worm compact 100e and it has an intermittant problem. regularly it wont ignite and goes to lockout.

if i reset it will be fine for a perhaps a day or maybe only a few hours then goes back to lockout.

i spied on it to see what was going on and it appears that it isn't cross lighting. the pilots light but the main burner doesn't light before the safety cuts in. the burner has been cleaned but still it locks out but intermitently.

when it works it's fine, CH & HW work fine, both HW and CH demand will make it ignite and run ok then one time out of 10 it wont have it. any ideas??? help greatly appreciated.
:confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
i spied on it to see what was going on and it appears that it isn't cross lighting. the pilots light but the main burner doesn't light before the safety cuts in. the burner has been cleaned but still it locks out but intermitently.

so the CORGI installer that serviced your boiler didnt do it right

or am i missing something :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
ahem, hoover? a dyson mate. no expense spaired.

the burner has been out and cleaned thoroughly, that's what's so confusing about the whole thing....
:confused:

check's in the post. thank you. :D

crickey your good. listen, if things don't work out over in 'stan, you can come live with me in england. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back