Halstead Eden CBX 38

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a new CH/DHW system in an older property in Bath.
The client requires a combi which will provide DHW for 2 bathrooms and 1 kitchen, approx 27KW through standard radiators is required for heating.

No known problems with gas or water supplies, but the property is laid out over 3 floors with 1 bathroom on the ground floor, 1 en-suite bathroom on the 2nd floor and the kitchen on the first floor. The boiler is to be located in a laundry room on the ground floor 12m horizontal from the kitchen taps and 6m horizontal, 8m vertical from the 2nd floor bathroom taps.

Would be grateful for advice from engineers who have undertaken similar projects, about the Eden CBX 38 pump being sufficient to provide heating and hot water to the 2nd floor bathroom. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The pump has nothing to do with the HW on the 2nd floor.

You will need to have very good cold mains flow/pressure to cope with 2 baths/showers.

Each floor height will reduce the pressure by 1/3 Bar approx.

I always tell my prospective customers that no combi will handle 2 HW outlets at the same time, unless it is the Ecotec Plus 937 with 2 small showers.

Certainly not this combi.

Thanks for that.
Not impressed with Halstead boilers? Wondered why as I have installed quite a few which have all proven reliable over long operating periods.
Worcester for instance may have more design features, but are they more reliable or efficient?
Regards!

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't fit a Worcester either as long as I have a hole in my a*se :eek: :LOL:

Know what you mean about build quality, have noticed the sharp edges and pop rivets etc. on the Halsteads.
However the general boiler design and performance impresses a little.

Will make enquiries on the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 937 or even propose system changes.

Thanks

We had the misfortune of fitting a Ferroli recently (supplied by the customer) When I dropped the front down to wire it up the sharp metal sliced straight through one of the sensor wires.

Utter sh1te!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back