Repressurising a Halstead Eden CBX 32

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've recently moved into a new house and the heating to the upstairs rooms isn't working. I found the name and make of our combi boiler, Halstead Eden CBX 32. I found the manual for the system and found that the pressure is too low, it's under 0.5 bar. We're still getting hot water and heating downstairs which is nice and I minor miracle from what I hear. The manual says to get it serviced if the pressure is low (gives no hint at how to perform even basic maintainance beyond wiping the casing down with a damp cloth :rolleyes: ). Being money savvy I figured I might not need to call out a plumber for a simple thing like that but at this rate I might well do. This boiler is insane! Where most have a tap on the filling loop this has nothing. No screws, no taps, no valves, the loop itself is completely smooth.

Is anyone out there familiar with this make of boiler? Do I have to get the pros out or is there a simple solution I'm not seeing?

Thanks in advance for anyone who an help.

Sponsored Links
I would think you may have lost water through the Pressure Relief Valve.
It may be opening as it should if the pressures goes up to 3 bar when heating is on. If it is going to 3 bar, that means the 'air' side of the expansion vessel has lost some of its pre charge pressure and the vessel has taken in water.
When the smaller amount of air is compressed the pressure rise is greater and quicker.
The rise in pressure should be approx 1 bar.
Suggest you set pressure to 1 bar cold and see what pressure is reached with heating on.

Sponsored Links
You may have already worked this out by now. But I just had to repressure my CBX 32 today and it is a five minute job. The manual posted above is very helpful and figure 17 particularly useful which shows the filling loop.

To get to the filling loop you need to remove the metal covering underneath the boiler. This exposes all the pipes underneath. You need to then locate the filling valves. Which are both ends of the flexible pipe. You need to set both to open. You do this by moving both valves half a turn using a screw driver or wrench. (No more than half a turn)

Holding the screwdriver in place - wait until the pressure is about 1 bar and then turn the valve half a turn the other way - you'll hear the water stop flowing. Then also turn the other valve off by turning it half a turn.

Hope that helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back