halstead finest gold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my halstead finest gold boiler is starting up but then after about 30 seconds on hot water or ch it is cutting out. anyone got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Tubes between aps and fan tend to get blocked easily on these. try giving them a good blow through this might solve your problem. Boiler locks out on DHW because this is when its running at maximum.

Blowing down the tubes won't do much.

Its likely to be the fan venturi that needs cleaning.

A CORGI job.

Sponsored Links
will do scatmanjohn. just am single mum and plumbers really scare me!! ta for your thoughts.

just one more thing. what is the correct pressure on the gauge meant to read and is 2.2 too much. if yes, how can i release some pressure?

emmam said:
just one more thing. what is the correct pressure on the gauge meant to read and is 2.2 too much. if yes, how can i release some pressure?

Yes it is too high.

The easiest way for you to lower the pressure to about 1.5 bar is to bleed a radiator and catch the water.

If you have one close to the boiler then it will be easier. If not, do it a bit at a time and keep checking the pressure as you go.

i repaired one of these a few months ago. the fan was running but it was not making the APS. So i cleaned out the venturi device and washed it out etc, cleared tubes and put back together and all was well. Halstead are not my fav boilers as the spare parts are ridiculously dear. I mean i bought a AAV for an ace the other day and it cost £25 + vat. :rolleyes:

That usually stops them lighting though.
As it runs for 30 secs, possibly the circulation/pump isn't working properly.
Presumably if you have to reset it you would have told us emmam?!

sorry chrisr, not sure what you mean. am just simple girl from wales!! :oops: wish i was a plumber though!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back