Halstead finest gold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Halstead Finest Gold, the PCB has been changed recently and ever since the temp of the DHW and CH has been cooler. I've checked that the temp is set high on the boiler but this makes no difference. The temp is consistent but just not high enough.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I am no expert on Halsteads, but I wonder if this is one of those boards that need the 'pots' adjusting for the burner output etc :confused:

Turn the hw tap down, and it should get very hot. Remember the mains is v cold just now.
With the CH on solid for a couple of hours the rads should get too hot to hold your hand on, unless you have a v large house.
If not:
Does the boiler stay burning, if you turn the room stat right up?
Assuming it does, measure the gas rate at the meter - see the faqs. Tell us what you find.

With some temperature control knobs it's possible to have the spindles 180 degrees out ie the pots on the board don't travel fully to max.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for the replys

Gasguru -
I'll double check, but I'm sure they stop once fully clockwise.

ChrisR -
The DHW temp was fine before the new PCB also the heating needs be on for quite a few hours before the room stat reaches 21 (the burner seems to stay on until it reaches 21)and the rads never get to hot to touch, where as before the new PCB they were.

Gas4you -
I think the only 2 pots on the PCB are the ones which the temp control knobs connect to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back