Diverter valve leaking - which parts?

Cos the reality is that it's something that a chap gets better at when he does it every day. I expect you get better at your job with experience?? .

Totally agree with you and have learnt huge amounts about a range of different things over the years by tinkering. I will always man up and turn to a pro when jobs are beyond me or on the potentially lethal side but I would rather give something a go myself first.

You might need some half and 3/4 inch washers...

Ta, I have an assortment already - just wanted to be as forewarned as possible!

This is the world of plumbing. You buy new stuff and it's rubbish or doesn't fit, so you have to manage. Then get the other bits you didn't realise you needed...

Wonderful world of pluming indeed - it has to be one of the most frustrating 'worlds' I've done anything in, ever!

Your problem may be that you need something and you can't buy it. It won't be a plumbers merchant thing, and a boiler spares place may just ask you for a part number and look dumb :eek: at you.

Been there before too! Looking at the service kit I've ordered, it looks as if there are two gland seals: the larger one that fits on the diaphragm end and one other. Shouldn't there be three in total? For the primary and DHW switches and the larger one for the diaphragm? Is this the bit that you are refering to as missing or am I confusing the parts?

Can anyone give me a part number or better still link to where I can buy a gland seal from for this DV?

Good luck!

Thanks for everyone's help and patience so far!

Sponsored Links
Is it something like this that is missing from the kit I've ordered?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I've replaced just the smaller nut (which I presume is the gland seal you were referring to - looks the same as this one?) from the service kit that I ordered (needed a 14mm spanner). It had a white plastic inner and a metallic washer/spacer on the thread. Should I have replaced the metal washer with an o-ring? There was neither an o-ring nor a metal washer on the old one?!

I applied silicon grease before screwing it in place. I didn't want to disturb anything else just yet. I will wait for the next 24hrs to see if the leak returns.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back