Halstead Quattro Gold problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had my Quattro Gold for just over ten years now and I fear the latest problem may be the last.

As soon as the boiler tries to fire-up the fuse blows on the main board. I replaced the fuse and removed the cover and I can now see a flash from the gas controller at fire-up.

I've also noticed a pool of water beneath the boiler - on further investigation it looks like water is dripping from the heat exchanger into the burner, onto the gas controller and onto the boards.

I'm assuming it's a problem with the exchanger (there's some nasty corrosion in the burner!) but I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get it repaired or to just bite the bullet and get a new boiler :(

I've had several problems over the years and I know there's a ton of cr*p in the system so I know a flush and a new boiler is the best option. But I'm only going to be living here for another year tops and I'd much rather only pay to get it repaired!

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
if water is entering the burner then do not use the boiler until fixed or replaced. It is classed as immediatley dangerous.

It sounds that water is shorting out the electrics and possibly the gas valve, maybe has already shot the valve :cry:

Get a professional quote and local advice, but I would probably go for a new one on the info you have posted ;)

Halstead parts are notoriously expensive. Biasi parts fit and are a fraction of the cost.

BUT... the heat exchanger is a joy to replace.

I find them a good reliable boiler. Hang onto it

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back