hammer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so the job was to gut the en suite bathroom and convert to a shower room, replumbing the whole room and pipes under floorboards, despite a full inspection of the pipework I began to drill out the floorboards and brain just went walkabout as water sprang up around the powertool .. 240v powertool .. and i thought theres no waterfeed like in engineering to cool the bit .. ?
pretty quickly I shut it all down, electric off and had to remove the clip board to get to the damaged pipe, water spraying all over the place and betweent he rafters, to get the chipboard quickest up meant hitting it with a 4lb clubhammer and after about 30 seconds exposed the area only for the water to make me lose grip and send the hammer through the platerboard (downstairs ceiling) .. anyway managed to cut the pipe and fit a push fit stopend .. all this in about 2mins meaning the only noticeable damage being the hole in ceiling ...

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a case of the panics!

First thing I would of done is get straight to the stop tap, then take your time to get the chipboard up lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back