Pipe Hammer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently installed a new en-suite room. I have had plumber in to plumb in new toilet and basin. Since he finished work everytime a cold water tap is operated or toilet flushed anywhere in the bungalow the pipe hammers when the tap/ball valve switches off the cold water.
Also you can hear intermittant 'knocking' of the pipe when there is no tap operation.
So problem does not appear to be just confined to the work he did.
Problem started as soon as he finished the job and left, basically when we started using the cold water again.
Looking under floorboards he has not clipped new pipework very well but then it is only a realaitively short length no more than 3 metres. But as I said noise is assoicated with all cold water taps including feed to a basin which is between the supply and the new tee-offs.
Does anyone have any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
I think you've answered this one yourself - if there are 3 metres of new pipe, and it's not clipped (or supported by other means), then he's done a poor job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back