Pulsing shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a bungalow and have just fitted a new bathroom suite and have got pulsing problems with my shower pump.
I re-arranged the plumbing as it was old anyway.
The way I have done it now is that:
On the hot side:
Pipe from the cylinder all the way up to create the vent in tank above (2 metres above).
300mm above cylinder I have tee'd off and fed pipe to pump, next to cylinder which then drops under the floor and feeds my bath and shower.
300mm above the first tee I have tee'd off again and then dropped pipe under floor and then fed to basin (2 metre away) and also kitchen hot (gravity).
On the cold side:
From the tank, I have dropped pipe to pump, then dropped under floor to feed bath cold and shower cold
300mm above the pump I have tee’d off and then dropped pipe under floor and fed basin cold and toilet (gravity).
It’s only when I use the basin taps the pump pulses when either the hot or cold is turned off, I fitted non return valves about 1 a metre away from basin but it makes no difference.
I have noticed that when the taps are turned off they produce a meaty vibration through the pipes more so on the cold.
Since fitting the valves, the balancing of the basin taps are poor.
The basin tap is a Bristan mono type; anybody got any ideas as I’m lost now. :mad:

Sponsored Links
You seem to have ignored the instructions for the installation of your shower pump. If you look up the web site of the manufacturer you should be able to view/download the instructions.

Thanks for that Chris, it's a wickes pump, i looked at the data sheet and the only this that may be of intrest is that i have not got a Surrey flange fitted to top of cylinder, and the other possability is that the pump is too high in the cupboard.

Sponsored Links
Wickes don't make pumps, just sell other people's pumps with their name on it. If you can't identify the manufacturer just look at general shower pump installation guidance and you'll see that you've done several things wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back