Hands free question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a nokia hands free kit fitted a couple of years ago. Since then I changed my phone and rather than buy a new kit I purchased something called an Evo Converter. It meant I could change just the cradle and not the wiring etc.

However, my company has changed the phones from 6230 to 6230i's. Now my new phone will not work in the cradle. Its says the enhancement is not supported.

Anybody know why this might be. The phone is exactly the same apart from a few improvements. I dont really want to get a new cradle again as i will have to pay for that myself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
ask nokia, they make the phone

i will bet the connection pins have been "re configured"

ms2004 said:
However, my company has changed the phones from 6230 to 6230i's. Now my new phone will not work in the cradle. Its says the enhancement is not supported.

they should be the same. there is a HF kit in one of the vans and my 6230i works and so does someone else's 6230

Hi. That does seem strange as the 6230i is really a slightly enhanced 6230. I looked at the Nokia Support forum www.nokia.com and this appears to be a common problem.

Sponsored Links
Its not your problem, speak to your manager, thats why he is paid more than you. You do your job, let our manager sort out your issues, if your company has bought new mobs, that I would assume they have been told are compatable they will take it up with there mobile supplier.

Back