Hanging 3.5kg Picture on Plasterboard Wall - Best Solution?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Although not as heavy as a large picture/mirror, I have a 500mm x 500mm 3.5kg picture to hang on a dot and dab plasterboard wall.

I don't know if I'm being over the top but my inclination is to use a couple of the standard 'double hooks' but instead of use the supplied nails, use an hollow board fixing and screw through the centre of the hooks.

It's a bit more work, particularly making good if you ever stop having a picture in the location, but there will be no chance of pull out or the fixing being pulled down with the weight.

I know there are some special plasterboard hooks for picture which can be nailed in but getting hold of them locally is a bit of a problem.

Am I making work for myself here given the relatively modest weight of the item and over-engineering things (something the good lady always accuses me of)!

Many thanks,

Damian

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back