Hardcore colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to fix up the entry drive to a house that was previously overrun by weeds. I have put down weed membrane and MOT 1 subbase in an effort to return the drive to hardcore and then tamped it down. I'm a bit concerned about the difference in colour from the new hardcore to the old drive - is this going to fade over time to eventually match? Also, how deep does the new hardcore need to be - the new area being covered doesn't get driven on a lot, hence all the weeds that grew...appreciate any advice!!

Attachments

• DSC_7238~3.jpg
    DSC_7238~3.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
I'm not sure, it was bought from Wickes in a Major bag, so I would think not recycled....

Sponsored Links
Should be at least 100mm deep. I hope that's not the finished job with that exposed weed membrane. If there's any loose stuff elsewhere you could mix it with a rake to blend it in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back