Has anyone got experience with underfloor heating for lofts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was trying to find concrete/screed floorboards that can be used as the structural floorboard and at the same have the grooves for the underfloor heating pipes.

The idea of using a concrete/screed floorboard is to have better thermal conductivity and less height instead of using floorboards and then a underfloor heating panel on top.

There are regular chipboards for underfloor heating that I'm also researching about, but considering the pricing, it may be better to just use regular chipboard and then additional underfloor heating panels on top.

If anyone has some advice on best options for underfloor heating in a loft, that would be great. I'm planning to use the same procedure on the 1st floor of the house later once we work our way down.

Attachments

• BF_TorFloor.jpg
    BF_TorFloor.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 34
  • large-large-profloor.jpg
    large-large-profloor.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 26
  • large-warm-panel-screed-board-15mm.jpg
    large-warm-panel-screed-board-15mm.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot 2023-02-22 211009.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-22 211009.png
    183 KB · Views: 34
  • TR-HeatBoard-1200x600-Rev-4.jpg
    TR-HeatBoard-1200x600-Rev-4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 28
Sponsored Links
Underfloor heating wastes a lot of energy, why not just insulate the rafters.

Blup

I'm insulating everything, it is going to be a habitable space. What would use less energy than underfloor heating in your opinion or be better suited?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back