Has anyone used a milwaukee kango 900 or 950?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my original kango 900 is not very well. a new noise has developed and i fear the worst. it is now 46 years old, bless (they knew how to make 'em back then) and as we all know, parts are no longer made (except for brushes).

so i'm looking to strike a deal with someone for a replacement, but before i do, i would appreciate a bit of guidance before i splash out £600 plus.

anyone got any opinions? the specs certainly look good.......

does anyone have a preference for sds max over k steels?

Sponsored Links
hi, i know my local service centre said a lot of parts unavailable but majority can still be adapted from one model or another with a bit of patience, so may still be worth getting a verdict, cheaper than splashing out on a new one but probably more than the cost of a decent second hand one. just in the process of selling my 990, will be sorry to see it go but just don't use it any more & would say the older ones are better built than the new ones, as your 40y.o. model proves i reckon!!

thanks for the thoughts - my local hire shop wan't 23.50 to book the machine in and £40 per hour thereafter - all they reckon they can do is regrease it. oh and repalce the felx :)

i use the thing a lot and it isn't exactly comliant with the vibration regs, so a newer design might not be a bad idea anyway

Sponsored Links
I find the modern AVR tools are not as good at the job as the pre-AVR versions, but I suppose better for our health.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back