Has anyone used "home of ultra" taps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I hope someone came help. I am in the process of replacing my bath taps and need some advice.

One option that came up was the "home of ultra" minimalist thermostatic bath and shower mixer taps.

Has anyone used these products before? are they any good? They seem a lot cheaper than some other brands which makes me suspicious. They offer a 10 year warranty.

Or would I be better off with the Bristan Artisan version. This does cost about £70 more but I am happy to pay that if they are a much higher quality.

For info I the taps will be supplied by a Worcester Bosch 28i Junior boiler, hot water temp 55C and hot water flow rate of between 10 and 13 litres per minute. Cold water mains pressure is good.
A thermostatic mixer tap will work fine for this set up won't it.

Thank you
KESH

Sponsored Links
Never heard of them, but with that kind of warranty they must be confident in the quality of the products they're supplying, although of course there's no guarantee they'll actually honour it. I don't personally rate Bristan too highly, they're OK but I fear quality is falling on some of their stuff, I'd be tempted by the cheaper option with the longer warranty.

All mixers on combi boilers should be thermostatic.

Looking at the website its the same company that produces the Hudson Reed brand which retail at a higher price, ive just ordered some taps and they seem solid, have seen them in alot of bathroom stores (not the diy chains)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying.

I might give home of ultra a go then. I have to say it is a strange name for a brand though!

Other option I came across is a aqualisa midas 100 deck mounted bath/shower mixer. How do you rate aqualisa? And does anyone know where to get the dimensions of the product? I can't find them anywhere online.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back