Have i missed something with this AV?

I

imamartian

... we get a referendum (at last... we should get them every 4 months with numerous topics listed !!)

so it's first past the post, or AV?

so it's fiddled by area, or vote for all the idiots on display? why, if i didn't like the other party, would i put a 2nd vote down? for example you can imagine a staunch lab/lib/con voter saying "i'd rather vote BNP/Monster raving Loony/Klingon than let the otherbunch in !!!

But my main point... why has no one mention PR? Proportional Representation is the ONLY way to measure a democratic vote.... why can't anyone see that? it amazes me !! :eek:

Sponsored Links
13 people have read this and not responded, yet it could be fundemental in terms of what Britain is... and no one cares or knows?!!!!!! :eek:

Does any one else know what PR is? or am i missing the point totally?

I reckon it's because no one knows what to vote for on this one Martian. I don't know whether AV is or would be better than first past the post. All I do know is, that AV will cost more to administer. Specially in boroughs where second votes have to be counted.

Sponsored Links
I reckon it's because no one knows what to vote for on this one Martian. I don't know whether AV is or would be better than first past the post. All I do know is, that AV will cost more to administer. Specially in boroughs where second votes have to be counted.

but what about PR?

you're winding me up!!!

lets say 10 people vote... 4 vote for A, 3 for B, 2 for C, 1 for D.... then A wins !! it's so obvious that it's silly !

lets say 10 people vote... 4 vote for A, 3 for B, 2 for C, 1 for D.... then A wins !! it's so obvious that it's silly !

So errr,, that's how it works at the moment then? ;) ;)
Or is that a rather poor example?

you're winding me up!!!

So the majority end up being governed by someone they didn't vote for... and probably don't even like.

This is why Bush was so unpopular IIRC, the majority of Americans didn't actually vote for him.

you're winding me up!!!

So the majority end up being governed by someone they didn't vote for... and probably don't even like.

This is why Bush was so unpopular IIRC, the majority of Americans didn't actually vote for him.

Sober up and read the post properly ffS!!

;)

Sponsored Links
Back