have lost system restore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help? When i click on system restore in control panel it brings up a blank box. Have also tried getting to it through C/Drive, windows, system32, restore...but still i get the blank box. I have also noticed that i can no longer use the help and support, or windows update. Everything else seems to be working just fine. Can anyone help me get system restore back? I have windows xp, if thats any help.

Sponsored Links
thankyou. i have followed the instructions from both of the links and still nothing. all i done was deleted norton as it had expired and since then i have had problems, even though i installed another antivirus (i also deleted that to see if that made a difference but it hasnt). i can no longer view my emails. i can see them in my inbox but when i click i just get a blank box. also i have noticed that i cannot post on a similar site to this, that i have been using for years. everythings just going wrong! this is why i tried to restore, and then found out that had gone too.

do you have the Windows Installation disks? You might be able to do a Repair re-installation

Warning: Back up all your data to CDs first just in case You can use the "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard" which is quite handy.

Sponsored Links
hi. I dont have the original windows instalation disks. have searched the house top to bottom and can only presume they got lost during the house move last year. is there anyway i can get a disk? my sister says she has windows disk but would that work on another pc after already being used?

Back