Have you installed these cylinders before??

S

sturharv

Has anyone installed the DPS cylinders?

What do you think of them?

I'm considering them for a flat development as they don't require a discharge pipe

Sponsored Links
Doctor Drivel said:
sturharv said:

I'm considering them for a flat development as they don't require a discharge pipe

Do you mean the DHW only Pandora Heat bank? If so they are very good. They outshine an Unvented cylinder any day.
:eek:ok at:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73863&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

esra_ptrap has fitted one or two.

Yes, I have heard good things about them too.
They do a Stowaway cylinder too, how do these compare, what is the difference between this and the Pandora?

I assume both of them produce mains pressure HW?

sturharv said:
Doctor Drivel said:
sturharv said:

Do you mean the DHW only Pandora Heat bank? If so they are very good. They outshine an Unvented cylinder any day.
look at:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73863&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

esra_ptrap has fitted one or two.

Yes, I have heard good things about them too.
They do a Stowaway cylinder too, how do these compare, what is the difference between this and the Pandora?

I assume both of them produce mains pressure HW?

The Pandora is an overflow-less DHW only heat bank (a version of a thermal store). It is filled up by a hose pipe tightened up and left - no sludge build up or whatever. It is in competition with unvented cylinders, without:

* a G3 certificate needed to fix or service
* an overflow, so can be fitted anywhere in the house.
* no annual service charge
* no explosion potential
* no complex, and expensive to replace, pressure valve gear.

It will operate on higher pressures than the average unvented cylinder, so giving a potential higher flowrate.

About the same price as an unvented cylinder too. DPS will install a plate heat exchanger to take CH off the cylinder as well if need be. The external DHW Plate Heat exchanger means it can be descaled easily if need be. The larger plates rarely require descaling as the plates flex preventing scaling.

The stowaway combines the output of the boiler and the energy in the cylinder, meaning the cylinder can be smaller. It needs an overflow if I am not mistaken - although they may do a pressurised version, contact them. Pressurised heat banks do not need a G3 certificate. .

Sponsored Links
Many thanks….

However, I am a little confused as to what model is normally used? And what model requires an overflow.

I have a flat development with say 8 flats, I want to use Vaillant condensing boilers with say 10 rads, and a HW store that will give mains pressure performance (without the need for a safety discharge pipe).

Which DPS model would you use, or are there any other manufacturers that do these types of HW store?

:eek:

sturharv said:
Many thanks….

However, I am a little confused as to what model is normally used? And what model requires an overflow.

I have a flat development with say 8 flats, I want to use Vaillant condensing boilers with say 10 rads, and a HW store that will give mains pressure performance (without the need for a safety discharge pipe).

Which DPS model would you use, or are there any other manufacturers that do these types of HW store?

:eek:

What model you need is a DHW only Pandora. The only model made by anyone that does not require an overflow/safety discharge pipe. You will need one for the boiler though - 15mm copper.

Their web site gives a good description
http://www.heatweb.com/products/Packs/pack2.htm
http://www.heatweb.com

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back