Hazy Green stain film on basin

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
It is probably relevant that the bathroom is fed with softened water so there will be no scale inside the cylinder or pipes.

I am guessing that it will be from the copper pipes but I don't know how to clean it off.

this is not the bright green dribble you sometimes get from a dripping tap or recent plumbing. there is no limescale anywhere.

Instead it is a very faint and slightly mottled film that you can only just see all round the basin. I suppose it is where soap scum might be if the bathroom wasn't very clean. It seems to start above the "low" water level where you might wash your hands and goes right up to overflow level.

I wondered if it might be the green household detergent that has been used to swab round the basin and bath, but I would have expected that to swab away with hot water and a sponge.

It is not scaly or rough. It can (with considerable rubbing) be reduced using a housheold cleaner and a white nylon scourer.

I can't see any such stain in the WC or bath.

I haven't yet tried it with a limescale cleaner as there is none in the house (never normally required)

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
:mad: have a virtual doughnut and sit quietly until someone more useful arrives
1r.jpg

Sponsored Links
if anyone cares, I got it off with a citric-acid bathroom spray cleaner that is supposed to remove limescale and soap deposits. Not a thing that's often needed here.

Weeel, if it was Purple Haze, man ..I uh could ,like offer some, uh, advice ,man:cool:

nigel that aint no bong your on i think youve connected a waste to the soil stack :eek: but hey your still smoking sh** man :D :D :D cant wait till you suck up a boulder hehehe hehehe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back