Pink stain on grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cold taps on my bath and wash basin are both dripping. (They've not been fixed because I plan to renovate the bathroom).
Where the water drips into the basin, the basin is unmarked, but where it drips into the bath, it is leaving a very slight pinkish residue. Also, there is a shower fitted over the bath and if we don't clean it off, over a few months, a pinkish sort of scum appears on the outside of the hose where it hangs down in a loop. When this is washed off, it is like a waxy residue. The tiles in the corner also have a pinkish hue to the grout. We have a softener fitted which supplies the whole house and the manufacturer has said they don't know of anything that could cause the pink colour. Thames Water have also said they have never heard of a problem with a pink staining coming from water. The pink does not appear in the kitchen sink, nor in the toilet cistern.
Our water tastes OK, I am just curious to know where the pink could be coming from.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you
H

Sponsored Links
That's great Flameport. That seems to be the answer.

Thank you very much
H

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back