headache5678

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the freezer drain hole shown by the arrow on the attached picture please:

If so, it seems so blocked that I may need to use a drill. A wire coat hanger will not push through.

Thank you

Here is the picture (I have tried 3 methods to attach picture) -->

http://s630.photobucket.com/albums/...os/?action=view&current=IMG_4061.jpg&newest=1

headache5678_photos
[/url]

Sponsored Links
The diagram did show the drain hole which was blocked. There was ice, not visible, UNDERNEATH the drip collection tray and its hole (as arrowed).

This space was about 0.5mm but the hole was also frozen. I poured half an egg cup of warm water on the hole, then using a thing plastic tube, syphoned a bowl full of hot water around and eventually down the hole whilst jabbing it with a plastic straw.

The wire coat hanger or the pipe cleaner would not clear the hole because:

(1) the hole was frozen, but this was no visible, and

(2) is it NOT a vertical line between the drain hole (in the freezer) and the outlet hole (which connects to the tube filling the drain tray atop the compressor). There is a small chamber not shown on the Bosch / Tradeplace diagram which would require me to have zig-zagged (if you know what I mean) a bendy-coat hanger.

pour vey hot water down it to melt then a metal coat hanger to reach the comp tray .if the water disapears then its clear .and yes it goes to the comp tray.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back